IT Systems Support Technician I
Configure, design, install, and manage IT Systems, servers, endpoints, software networks, IT architecture, and infrastructure according to industry standards. Support IT systems and end-users, both onsite and via remote access, by identifying problems, troubleshooting technical issues, researching answers, taking corrective steps, and maintaining documentation of solutions. Monitor the health of all systems on an ongoing basis and address irregularities in a timely manner.
Our clients include a diverse mix of businesses ranging from small businesses, non-profits, municipalities to large corporations. We work closely with our client’s staff, providing them with access to the specialized knowledge they need to successfully operate and grow their businesses. We love solving problems and identifying opportunities for efficiency improvements for our clients.
What you will be doing:
- Provide frontline and backend support to clients with issues and questions.
- Monitor and manage internal IT systems.
- Build, review and implement policies, processes, and documentation.
- Review current managed hardware and software solutions and find ways to save our customers time and money.
- Manage large client projects with the goal of meeting client deadlines and staying under the proposed budget.
- Oversee server implementation and management to ensure the server meets client needs and remain operational.
- Specify replacement hardware for new workstations and/or laptops.
- Provide the most positive customer experience possible.
- Work independently, triaging incoming calls and service tickets to prioritize and escalate where needed.
- Create new and improve existing processes.
- Documenting standard operating procedures.
- Punctuality with clients whether showing up on site or returning a call.
- Ensure that IT’s communication with the end-user community is thorough, professional, and service-oriented. Maintain customer-facing content on the internal website (IT dashboard & intranet) and staff-facing documentation on wiki/knowledge base.
- Serve as backup to other members of IT Service Delivery team, assisting and supporting their tasks as necessary.
- Knowledge of hard drive cloning and/or imaging.
- Provide support for all Apple and Android devices, including phones and tablets.
- Work on special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Excellent work ethic and the ability to be a productive and reliable team member.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in speech, conduct, and appearance.
- Ability to engage with staff, clients, and colleagues across multiple office and remote locations with timely written communication, remote/teleconference presence, and phone contact as needed.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, VPN connectivity, etc.).
- Must be organized, follow through and make sure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- 2+ years’ experience supporting end-users with computing hardware, software, and networking protocols.
- Extensive support experience in a Windows based environment.
- Office 365, Active Directory, Windows Server, Windows desktops, (VMware knowledge a plus).
- Comfort troubleshooting and supporting PCs, Macs, AV equipment, and other technology services.
- Knowledge of scripting languages, including power-shell, is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Fast learner and a team player.
- Sufficient mobility to perform duties in small spaces involving crouching, stooping, kneeling and physical ability to perform tasks requiring physical strength to lift 30-45lbs.
- Pre-Employment criminal background check.
- Washington State driver’s license.
- Medical and Dental insurance.
- Generous paid time off, including comp time.
- Company Holidays.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- On Call
Work Location: One location
Email your resume to [email protected]